What is the Infrastructure charge?
If you’re building or developing a property, the infrastructure charge covers the costs of the extra demand on our existing network of pipes.
The charges are separate from the additional connection charges and it needs to be paid before connection is made.
Whether you’re connecting directly or indirectly, the charge would apply to:
- Building a new house including permanent caravans
- Additional new building on the site of demolished building
- Conversion of existing building into additional units or dwellings
- First time connection of an existing property
- New non household and industrial units
Our Developer Services Charging Arrangements sets out charges for services provided when developing land and laying new water and sewerage infrastructure.