Our prices change 1 April each year and follow the rules set out in legislation and by Ofwat, the industry regulator.
The prices we charge for your water supply are set every five years and are agreed with Ofwat, the economic regulator of the water industry.
In setting our prices, we considered the current pressures on household income and the investment we need to:
- maintain our plant and pipe network
- improve our service in areas that customers have identified as a priority
- further reduce the risk of large-scale service disruption.
At the same time we are improving our efficiency which will further reduce our costs and keep bills as low as possible. We charge for water based on either the amount of water you use if your supply is metered, or the rateable value of your property if you don’t have a meter. In addition, we apply a standing charge to cover the cost of billing and administration.
We provide drinking water. Your wastewater or sewerage services bill will come from another company. Depending on where you live, it could be Wessex Water or Southern Water.
- Board Statement of Assurance
- Statement of Significant Change
- Household Charges Scheme 2019/20 Summary
- Household Charges Scheme 2019/20