Switch to a meter
Having a water meter puts you in control of your water-use so you can take steps to reduce your bill.
If you have a meter installed and decide having a water meter is not for you, you have two years to decide whether you’d like to switch back.
If you don't have a meter already, you may be eligible for Our Lowest Bill Guarantee scheme. On the scheme, not only will we fit a meter for FREE, what's more, if you don’t save any money in the first two years, we'll refund the difference from what you would have paid on your unmeasured bill.
Switch to a meter
We know many of our customers could benefit by switching to a water meter. Having a water meter means you only pay for the water you use and puts you in control of your water use so you can take steps to reduce your bill. We also know that despite paying metered gas and electricity bills, some customers are still nervous about getting a water meter.
Here’s some facts to help you decide:
- You could save money if you switch to a water meter.
- In most cases we can fit a meter free of charge.
- You don’t need permission from your landlord to apply for a water meter, unless you’re in a fixed-term tenancy of less than six months.
- If you have a meter installed and decide that having a water meter is not for you, you have two years to decide whether you’d like to switch back.
- If you receive benefits or tax credits you may be able to get help with your water bill by qualifying for our WaterSure or WaterCare tariffs. You will need to have a water meter fitted and other criteria will apply.
Find out how much you could save
Try our handy calculator to help you work out your water use and whether a water meter might save you money.
Compare the estimate with your current unmetered bill to see at a glance whether you would save money by switching to a meter.
To discuss having a meter installed call us on 01202 590059, our opening hours are 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday & Saturday 9am – 2pm