Bournemouth Water Logo

Do you qualify?

The WaterSure capped tariff is for metered households who could face high water and sewerage bills due to their social circumstances or a medical condition.

You or a member of your household must be claiming one of these income-related benefits:

  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (except families receiving the family element only)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit

You must also meet either the social or medical conditions.

Social conditions: three or more dependent children under the age of 19 living with you, and you are receiving Child Benefit for them.

Medical conditions: you, or someone living with you, such as a dependent child, suffers from one of the following medical conditions which requires a significant amount of water:

  • desquamating conditions (flaky skin loss)
  • weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
  • incontinence
  • abdominal stoma
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • renal failure requiring home dialysis (unless the health authority contributes to the cost of the water during the billing period)

There may be other conditions needing additional water. You can apply for the WaterSure tariff if you provide a registered medical practitioner’s certificate confirming this.

WaterSure is not available if you have a swimming pool, sprinkler system or other automated garden watering systems.

Press Office

Journalists can contact the Press Office on 01392 443020 or via email


Should you get a water meter?

Water meters have important benefits for you, for us and for the environment as you can have more control over your water use and leaks are easier to detect.  

Find out more

Ask us a question...