Why has my metered bill increased, but I’m not using any more water?
Your bills are based on your water usage, so the reason for your bill increasing may be due to:
- More water being used than expected – guests staying, watering the garden, decorating
- Payment plan changes
- Previous bills were estimated meter reads that were under-estimated
- A possible water leak on your underground supply pipe
- Faulty plumbing , dripping taps or overflow
- New appliances that use more water than expected
If this hasn’t helped answer your query please get in contact with us.